Solver NEXT is the first to offer a new concept in affordable, general purpose scanning probe microscopy (SPM) giving users the ability to configure the system and acquire quality images within minutes and with unprecedented ease.
The hassle of manual set-up has been eliminated. Intuitive automation guides the user through set-up, adjustment and sample measurements. The system incorporates smart software, automated head exchange, motorised sample positioning under video monitored control and ergonomic design.
Solver NEXT provides the versatility to work with a variety of samples, measuring modes and conditions through the use of built-in atomic force microscope (AFM) and scanning tunneling microscope (STM) heads, both with automatic exchange, and other removeable head options including those required for liquids and nanoindentation.
Key features include:
- Automated exchange of AFM and STM heads
- Automated alignment of optical feedback geometry between the cantilever, laser and photodiode
- Motorised software-driven sample positioning for ease-of-use
- Motorised positioning, focus and zoom of the optical view
- Motorised enclosure door for improved isolation
- Automated software driven control of measurement modes for ease-of-use
- Both Mac OS and PC/Windows compatible
Performance capabilities include:
- All basic AFM techniques - topography, phase imaging, measurement of electric properties, nanolithography and more
- Scanning tunneling microscopy
- Nanoindentation (optional)
- Wide range of operating conditions for experimentation in air and liquid
- Low-noise capacitive feedback loop in all three directions (X, Y and Z)
- Atomic resolution