One instrument now virtually spans the entire muscle physiology field. Combining the versatility of the KG force transducers and a solid platform for mechanical studies and optical measurement, the Standard Muscle Research System can be equipped with photometers, a linear motor, a laser diode, perfusion cuvettes and temperature controls for running advanced muscle studies.
- Data recording and analysis included
- Modular design
- Two cuvette tables
- Lifetime warranty on force transducer
With the Standard Muscle Research System, many key experimental areas of muscle research can be examined:
- By measuring the myomechanical properties of contracting and relaxing muscle strips, scientists can measure intact muscle responses to electrical stimulation or tetanus in skeletal muscles
- Measure twitch amplitude and kinetics analysis, time to peak, 50% relaxation velocities, starling curve and diastolic force development
- Perform after loaded contractions in heart muscle
- Perform eccentric contractions in skeletal muscle
- Add a linear motor with control units to measure mechanical muscle properties like slack-test, isotonic releases, constant velocity release, streatch release, vibration studies and after-loaded contractions
- Add a laser diode for simultaneous measurement of the sarcromere length of intact muscles and skinned muscle fibres
- Add a gradient maker for automated force-pCA and calcium studies
WPI has been nominated for the STEMsmart Awards, for their line of muscle physiology products. Watch the video.