The SR510 and SR530 are analog lock-in amplifiers which can measure AC signals as small as nanovolts in the presence of much larger noise levels. Both the single phase SR510 and the dual phase SR530 have low-noise voltage and current inputs, high dynamic reserve, two stages of time constants and an internal oscillator. In addition, both lock-ins come equipped with a variety of features designed to make them sinple to use.
- 0.5Hz to 100kHz frequency range
- Current and voltage inputs
- Up to 80dB dynamic reserve
- Tracking band-pass and line filters
- Internal reference oscillator
- Four ADC inputs, two DAC outputs
- GPIB and RS232 interfaces
The core of the SR510/530 is a precision analog sine-wave multiplier. Lockins use a multiplier (demodulator) to translate the signal input (at reference frequency) down to DC where it can be filtered and amplified. Many lock-ins use square wave multipliers which introduce spurious harmonic responses. The SR510/530 use clean sine-wave multipliers which are inherently free of unwanted harmonics.