The SI-MB4 and SI-MB8 isolated tissue bath systems were developed for in vitro investigations on isolated smooth, cardiac or skeletal muscle preparations. They are specifically designed for pharmacological screening and testing that requires a high number of parallel samples. One advantage of this system is its modular structure, which allows the bath units to be used individually. The SIH vertical tissue bath systems offer easy control of the inflow and outflow of buffer, oxygenation and stimulation. Simple tissue installation, calibration of the chamber volume and temperature maintenance are also important features.
- Modular system for testing tissue strips or rings
- Systems available with one to eight bath units
- 5, 10 and 20mL calibrated chamber volumes
- Oxygen delivery and control integrated into each chamber
- Field (or point) stimulation electrodes built into each tissue holder
- Automatic overflow
- Manual buffer replacement and draining
- Temperature control unit is external
- Water jacketed reservoirs with built-in oxygenators
- Easy operation
- Unique optical force transducers
Tissue baths come as small as 5mL, for your most delicate applications. All the Si-H tissue baths are precisely calibrated, so that when your tissue holder is installed, you can accurately calculate your solution concentration.
SI-H re-engineered the standard oxygen frit to avoid the disturbances to the tissue samples that tiny bubbles can cause. The SI-H frit is designed to be repositioned and is installed on a small wire attached to the tissue mounts. You can choose the depth and direction of the bubble stream that will cause the least disruption to your tissue. Because the frit is a removable part, it can be easily replaced without the need to order a new tissue bath.